Yes, WPF lets you do some cool things with animation, but it is also a platform for building real world applications. This presentation will start in shallow end of WPF basics and then dive deeper into architecture. I will cover the following topics:
- Why move from WinForms to WPF? Pros vs. (almost no) con's.
- WPF architecture overview: what to know, what to embrace, etc.
- Pattern focus: ViewModel
- WPF vs. Silverlight (strictly from a feature perspective): What advantages and disadvantages are there?
- Introduction to CompositeWPF (this one goes to 11).
Here's the schedule:
- 6:30-7:00 - n00b Presentation: Getting Generic by Dean Fiala
- 7:00-7:30 - Pizza/Announcements
- 7:30-9:00 - Featured Presentation: WPF (me)