- Two days after official RTM: OEMs
- August 6: Downloadable for ISVs, IHV's, TechNet subscribers, MSDN subscribers
- August 7: Downloadable for Volume Licence with Software Assurance (English only)
- August 16: Downloadable for Partner Program Gold / Certified members (English-only)
- August 23: Downloadable for Action Pack subscribers (English Only)
- September 1: Purchasing for Volume License without Software Assurance (no mention of specific language availability)
- By October 1: Downloadable for Partner Program Gold / Certified members, Action Pack subscribers, TechNet subscribers, MSDN subscribers (remaining languages)
- October 22: Purchasing at retail locations
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
I just finished writing up details of the new cloud service creation wizard on the RDA Architecture blog. You can see that here.
The Microsoft Azure team published a feature summary and download link here.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Yes, WPF lets you do some cool things with animation, but it is also a platform for building real world applications. This presentation will start in shallow end of WPF basics and then dive deeper into architecture. I will cover the following topics:
- Why move from WinForms to WPF? Pros vs. (almost no) con's.
- WPF architecture overview: what to know, what to embrace, etc.
- Pattern focus: ViewModel
- WPF vs. Silverlight (strictly from a feature perspective): What advantages and disadvantages are there?
- Introduction to CompositeWPF (this one goes to 11).
Here's the schedule:
- 6:30-7:00 - n00b Presentation: Getting Generic by Dean Fiala
- 7:00-7:30 - Pizza/Announcements
- 7:30-9:00 - Featured Presentation: WPF (me)