- Two days after official RTM: OEMs
- August 6: Downloadable for ISVs, IHV's, TechNet subscribers, MSDN subscribers
- August 7: Downloadable for Volume Licence with Software Assurance (English only)
- August 16: Downloadable for Partner Program Gold / Certified members (English-only)
- August 23: Downloadable for Action Pack subscribers (English Only)
- September 1: Purchasing for Volume License without Software Assurance (no mention of specific language availability)
- By October 1: Downloadable for Partner Program Gold / Certified members, Action Pack subscribers, TechNet subscribers, MSDN subscribers (remaining languages)
- October 22: Purchasing at retail locations
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Windows 7 Availability Summary
In case you're dying to get your hands on the upcoming Windows 7, the official availability schedule is now published. It can't be purchased until October 22, but if you're a Microsoft partner or software developer, you'll be able to get it much earlier.
UPDATE: Both Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 have officially RTM'd.
Here's a chronological summary, which I originally posted here: